PTO Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Attendees: Darcy Tsandes, Kerrie McNeely, Ellen Su, Sarah Smyth, Amy Macuga, Julie Nirula, Shan Evuich, Kellie Peden, Stacia Hoots, Shawn Kuennen, Joy Walden
School Update – Shawn Kuennen
· Math Facts Challenge
o Calculators for K-3 received, ordered for 4-5
· Success Maker
o Superintendent wants to streamline IT
o JRES will issue check back to PTO for $14.5k ($10k Success Maker + $4.5k keyboards)
· Kindergarten Round-Up, April 24, 3:30
o Shawn will talk about registration, class placement, health requirements, academic testing, etc.
o Will hand out JRES backpacks, bandana and PTO info
o PTO will speak at meeting – explain our function, try to get new parent involvement
o PTO will watch new students and younger siblings during orientation
o Projectors added to Capital Outlay
Financial Report – Ellen Su
o Smith’s has changed the program to calendar year.
o Current registration rolled over through 2014
o Can no longer scan at store, need to register on-line
o Need to get people enrolled Jan 2015.
o Amazon – received $400
o Amy will see if Fresh Market has any fund raisers
o PC Meat & Provisions give school 10% of Monday sales.
§ March 24th
Running w/ Ed (May 17) – Sarah Smyth
· Will provide coffee, tea, bagels, juice, power bars
· PCEF will reimburse up to $500 for exchange stations
· Will not use band, maybe a DJ
· Will investigate getting a tent & heaters
· Will see if “Girls On The Run” or boy/girl scouts want to help
· See if Spirit Kids want to make a welcome sign
Teacher Appreciation Week – Karla Olsen
· April 7-11, Super Hero theme.
· Will inform Fresh Market to stock single flowers.
Gifted & Talented
· Want specialist at each school, so Gina Mason can focus on Ecker
· PCEF will help fund raise
· Treasurer – Ellen can co-chair, but can no longer do on her own
· Fun Fall Fest – Laura Tettleback & Pam Garringer?
· Janelle Nickel will be the contact for all new incoming students.
· Sarah will do directories next year.
o Ellen said it would be great to put directory registration & payment on-line.
· Discussed need for additional outlet in Teacher’s lounge to support when meals brought in
· Back to School Night – Need to do something for DLI
· Darcy will send out thanks to all lunch duty volunteers and try to get help for rest of year.